Would you like to help with recovery efforts from Hurricane Harvey? Multiple trips are being planned. We’ll leave Friday evenings at around 5 pm and return Sunday around 9 pm. Let us know if you have a free weekend to join us.
• Destination-Vidor, TX-3 1/2 hours South of Marshall, 14 miles East of Beaumont
Removing all water damaged materials including carpet, sheetrock, and insulation. All this has been done. We are now focusing on rebuilding.
• 1st priority project- Grace Bible Fellowship, 6025 TX-12, Vidor, TX 77662
It’s a small free grace church with no insurance. They really need the help.
• 2nd priority- homes. Most of the homes in the area are flooded including the pastor and church members who lost everything.
Sleeping on the floor in the church.
Make sure you are current on your tetanus shot!
What to bring
- release form
- money for meals on the way there and back
- work shoes-stepping on a nail is one of the greatest dangers
- work gloves and clothes. We are going to get dirty.
- cot, pillow, sleeping bag, mat or whatever will make you comfortable.
We are also accepting donations to help with the storm recovery. Designate gifts “Hurricane Relief”.
Contact John Goodding 903-241-3481 or Mike Fisher 903-930-0496
Thanks so much for your willingness to serve the Lord in this way.
Meal 5:30pm/Large Group 6:30pm/Open Share 7:30pm/Coffee Café 8:30pm
If you have any questions please contact:
Email Us Confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Celebrate Recovery?
Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered, Bible-based, 12-step recovery program celebrating recovery through our Higher Power, Jesus Christ.
The purpose of Celebrate Recovery is to encourage men and women to celebrate God’s healing power in our lives as we work along the road of recovery. We open the door by sharing our experience, strength, and hope with one another. By working the steps and applying their biblical principles, we begin to grow spiritually and eventually become free from our hurts, habits, and hangups. This freedom creates peace, joy, healthy personal relationships, and – most importantly – a strong, intimate relationship with our loving and forgiving Higher Power, Jesus.
Regardless of what your personal or family problem is, the steps to recovery are always the same. Each of us needs repentance, forgiveness, and grace in order to begin living our lives in a healthier way.
There are only two things needed for someone to start recovery: a desire to stop living in the past, and a desire to start living in the truth. Our focus is on spiritual progress, not perfection. As we work through the Christ-based 12 steps, we learn how we can become the man or woman God created us to be.
Celebrate Recovery IS:
• An anonymous, confidential, safe place to share your experience, strength, and hope with others who are struggling with the same issues.
• A leader who has gone through a similar hurt, habit, or hang-up facilitates the group as it focuses on a particular step each week.
• A tried-and-true plan of recovery for whatever struggle you are facing.
• An attitude of gratitude.
• An opportunity to share what Jesus Christ has done in your life.
• A place to be who you are and celebrate God’s Love for you!
Celebrate Recovery is NOT:
• A place to judge others.
• A place to “fix” others.
• A place to engage in gossip.
• A place to feel shame or have secrets.
• A place to meet dating partners
- Chemical Dependency
- Dealing with Divorce & Separation
- Eating Disorders
- Love & Relationship Addiction
We meet every Thursday 5:30 Click here for directions.
CR is being held in the youth center Please follow the signs. Everyone is welcome. You may stay for all or part of the evening. We provide childcare for children age 10 and below.
|5:30pm||Dinner & Fellowship|
|6:30pm||Large Group (Worship & Speaker)|
* Gender specific small groups for men and women allow discussion of our hurts, habits, and hang-ups, in a confidential, free-sharing atmosphere.