Would you like to help with recovery efforts from Hurricane Harvey? Multiple trips are being planned. We’ll leave Friday evenings at around 5 pm and return Sunday around 9 pm. Let us know if you have a free weekend to join us.
• Destination-Vidor, TX-3 1/2 hours South of Marshall, 14 miles East of Beaumont
Removing all water damaged materials including carpet, sheetrock, and insulation. All this has been done. We are now focusing on rebuilding.
• 1st priority project- Grace Bible Fellowship, 6025 TX-12, Vidor, TX 77662
It’s a small free grace church with no insurance. They really need the help. There was 5’ of water in the church. Once the church is cleaned out we can use it as a base to help church members.
• 2nd priority- homes. Most of the homes in the area are flooded including the pastor and church members who lost everything.
Sleeping on the floor in the church.
Make sure you are current on your tetanus shot!
What to bring
- release form
- money for meals on the way there and back
- work shoes-stepping on a nail is one of the greatest dangers
- work gloves and clothes. We are going to get dirty.
- cot, pillow, sleeping bag, mat or whatever will make you comfortable.
We are also accepting donations to help with the storm recovery. Designate gifts “Hurricane Relief”.
The following items are being collected to take to Vidor for those in need.
Items can be brought to the church or Campbell Portable Buildings. Just past the railroad overpass on Hwy 59 North. They are open 9-5, M-F.
- non-perishable food
- paper goods
- cleaning supplies
Contact John Goodding 903-241-3481 or Mike Fisher 903-930-0496
Thanks so much for your willingness to serve the Lord in this way.