Would you like to help with cleaning out flooded houses from Hurricane Harvey? Multiple trips are being planned, starting with the last 3 weekends in September. We’ll leave Friday evenings at around 5 pm and return Sunday around 9 pm.
• Destination-Vidor, TX-3 1/2 hours South of Marshall, 10 miles East of Beaumont
Removing all water damaged materials including carpet, sheetrock, and insulation.
• 1st priority project- Grace Bible Fellowship, 6025 TX-12, Vidor, TX 77662
It’s a small free grace church with no insurance. They really need the help. There was 5’ of water in the church. Once the church is cleaned out we can use it as a base to help church members.
• 2nd priority- homes. All of the homes in the area are flooded including the pastor and church members who lost everything.
Sleeping on the floor in homes until we can get the church ready. Do you know anyone who has an RV we could use for housing and showers?
Make sure you are current on your tetanus shot!
What to bring
- release form
- money for meals on the way there and back
- work shoes/rubber boots-stepping on a nail is one of the greatest dangers
- work gloves and clothes. We are going to get dirty and wet.
- cot, pillow, sleeping bag, mat or what ever will make you comfortable but we may not have room for big blow up mattresses.
- Any of the following tools if you have them but we’ll have plenty to go around if you don’t. Clearly mark tools with your name.
- pry bar
- box knife
- chalk line
- insect repellant
WE NEED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS BUT LET ME KNOW BEFORE BRINGING ANY OF THEM
- 4’ metal straight edge or t-square
- box fan or blowers for drying thing out
- wheelbarrow with puncture proof tire
- push broom or squeegee
- pressure washer
- flood light
- flat shovel
- wet/dry shop vac
- extension cord
- first aid kit
- screw gun
- pump up sprayer
- work masks with filters
- portable shower
- window a/c units
We are also accepting donations to help with the storm recovery. Designate gifts “Hurricane Relief”.
The following items are being collected to take to Vidor for those in need.
Items can be brought to the church or Campbell Portable Buildings. Just past the railroad overpass on Hwy 59 North. They are open 9-5, M-F.
- baby formula
- non-perishable food
- paper goods
- heavy duty trash bags
- toiletry items
- cleaning supplies
- box fans
- window air conditioners
Contact John Goodding 903-241-3481 or Mike Fisher 903-930-0496
Thanks so much for your willingness to serve the Lord in this way.