Keep your chin up
I Corinthians 11:1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.
I Corinthians 4:16 I urge you, imitate me.
Philippians 3:17 Brethren, join in following my example.
Philippians 4:9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do.
I Thessalonians 1:6 You became imitators of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much tribulation with the joy of the Holy Spirit, 7 so that you became an example to all the believers in Macedonia and in Achaia.
8 For the word of the Lord has sounded forth from you, not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith toward God has gone forth, so that we have no need to say anything. 9 For they themselves report about us what kind of a reception we had with you ,and how you turned to God from idols to serve a living and true God,
10 and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, that is Jesus, who delivers us from the wrath to come.
I Corinthians 7:4 I am exceedingly joyful in all our tribulation.
[II Corinthians 11:24-28]
Hebrews 12:2 Jesus…for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross.
John 16:33 “In the world you will have tribulation.”
Romans 10:17 Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Colossians 3:5 …covetousness, which is idolatry.
Psalm 16:11 In Your presence is fullness of joy.
Psalm 51:12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation.
Colossians 3:18-22 Wives… husbands… children… fathers… workers… 23 whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord… 24 for you serve the Lord Christ.
I Peter 4:10 As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another.
I John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come.
QUESTIONS FOR LIFE
1. As we begin a new series (Imitate Me) which of the five titles is of the most interest you? Please explain why.
Keep your chin up
Make a difference
Don’t be so religious
Never give up
Be thankful for your thorn
2. What did you sense God was saying to you personally in today’s message and passages?
3. Can you tell about a time that you lost your joy because of circumstances?
4. Can you tell about a time that you had joy in spite of your circumstances?
5. Can you tell about a time that you experienced God’s joy when you turned from an idol?
6. Can you tell about how you have experienced joy as a result of serving God by serving others
(home, work, school, church)?
7. Can you tell about how you have experienced joy by thinking about the rapture?