WHAT ARE LOVEBUSTERS?
Lovebusters are habits that destroy love.
WHO’S A LOVEBUSTER?
Matthew 7:3 “Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?”
WHAT IS LOVE?
Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,
Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them.
I Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
WHEN LOVE IS EASY
Luke 6:32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.”
WHEN LOVE IS HARD
Matthew 5:43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.”
WHERE TO BEGIN
Psalms 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; 24 and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.
For more about stopping love bank withdrawals: Love Busters by Willard Harley, Jr. Lovebusters sermons at CypressValley.org . For more about making love bank deposits in marriage: His Needs, Her Needs by Willard Harley, Jr. Happy Marriage sermons at CypressValley.org for more help and encouragement: Check out an adult group (see the back of this bulletin)
QUESTIONS FOR LIFE
1. Please review the meaning of the terms and symbols in the love bank remembering that the horizontal bands of color represents feelings while the arrows represent actions.
2. In what ways does seeing the love bank drawing help you? Encourage you? Motivate you?
3. In what way does the love bank help you to understand that love is both feelings and actions?
4. In what ways does the love bank help you to understand that love is both what you do and what you don’t do?
5. In what ways does the love bank explain why people get married? In what ways does the love bank explain why most marriages struggle?
6. If you’re married, why is it that you are the person that your spouse can be most tempted to dislike or even hate?
7. In what way does it help you to know this?
8. What are Lovebusters?
9. Why is it so important to distinguish habits from incidents?
10. Which of the Lovebusters have you most struggled with?
11. What are you hoping to gain from the Lovebusters series?