Flip your list
John 4:8 His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.
Psalm 37:21 Do not withhold repayment of your debts.
Romans 13:1 The governing authorities…are appointed by God. 6 Because of this you pay taxes.
Proverbs 21:20 There is desirable treasure in the dwelling of the wise, but a foolish man squanders it.
Acts 20:35 Remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.”
Proverbs 3:9 Honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the first of all your produce; 10 so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine.
Matthew 6:21 “Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 24 No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money. 31 Do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 33 Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”
QUESTIONS FOR LIFE
- Please look at this diagram:Would you guess that most people make money decisions with the order of priorities seen in the diagram? Please explain.
- In the past, have you made money decisions with this order of priorities? If so, how do you think this order of priorities affected your relationship with God? How do you think this order of priorities affected your finances?
- Please read this passage: Honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the first of all your produce; so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine. Proverbs 3:9-10
- What do you sense that God is saying to you personally in this passage?
- Please look at this diagram:
- In what ways does this diagram illustrate the truth of Proverbs 3:9-10
- Please read these words of Jesus as He refers to money: Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:33
- In what ways does the diagram illustrate the truth of Matthew 6:33?
- Would you say that you have flipped your list? Why or why not?
- Please consider the card that gives the highlights of the “Balanced” series and review what each of the seven lessons was about.
- Please tell your group which lesson was especially hard for you?
- Please tell your group which lesson was especially helpful to you?
- In what ways might the card be of help to you in the future?