Much more Part 3
Romans 5:12. Just as sin entered the world through one man, and death entered through sin, so also death came to all men because all have sinned.
15 However, the free gift in fact stands in contrast to the offense. For although many died through the offense of that one man, much more the grace of God and the gift given through the grace of one Man, Jesus Christ, has abounded to many.
16 And the gift is not like what happened through one man who sinned. For the judgment came for one offense to produce servitude to sin. But the free gift brings release from many offenses to produce righteous conduct.
17 For if by means of the offense of one man death has reigned through that one man, much more, those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life through one Man, Jesus Christ!
18 Therefore, as through one offense judgment came to all men to produce servitude to sin, so also through one righteous act grace came for all men to produce righteous living sourced in [God’s] life.
20 Now the law came in so that an offense might become greater. But where sin became great, grace became superlatively great,
21 in order that just as sin had reigned in the sphere of death, so also grace might reign through righteousness unto eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Genesis 2:16 The Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
Ephesians 2:1 You were dead in trespasses and sins,
Romans 4:24-25 Jesus was delivered for our offenses.
3:22 God’s righteousness, through faith in Jesus Christ, which is for all and is upon all who believe.
4:5 To the person who does not work, but believes in the One who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness.
8:6 The mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace.
7:9 Sin came back to life and I died!
4:24-25 Jesus was raised for our righteous living.
7:7 I would not have recognized sin if not for the law. For I would not even have perceived lust, if the law had not said, “You shall not lust.”
8:34 Christ is the One who died, who also rose, who also is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes on our behalf.
8:10 Christ is in you. 11 The Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you.
QUESTIONS FOR LIFE
1. From Romans 5:12-21, As presented above summarize the terms that describe the condition of people who don’t have everlasting life (including you in the past).
2 .As you consider the condition of people who don’t have everlasting life, how does it make you feel toward them, especially those who do you wrong?
3. Based on today’s message and passages, what is the best way that we can help people?
4. Do you think that God will accept your claim if you would try to blame Adam for your failure? Please explain.
5. From Roman’s 5:12-21 Summarize the terms that describe what God has done for you.
6. How does it make you feel about God to think about what he has done for you?
7. How does it make you feel about yourself to realize what God has done for you?
8.Can you tell your group about if you have experienced what is pictured in this diagram? Please explain.
9. In what ways do you think that today’s message and passages will be of help to you?