Matthew 24:3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
21 There will be great tribulation.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days…30 the sign of the Son of Man will appear…and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
33 When you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! 34 This generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.
36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took [airo] them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken [paralambano] and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken [paralambano] and the other left.
I Thessalonians 4:16 The Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout... 17 Then we who are alive…shall be caught up [raptured]…in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
45 “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season?
46 Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. 47 Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods.
48 But if that evil servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ 49 and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards, 50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
John 6:47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.
Hebrews 4:12 The word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword.
Questions for Life • The Last Days • The Rapture
- Why do you think God doesn’t want us to know when Jesus is coming?
- Why do you think God wants believers in the tribulation to know when Jesus is coming?
- What helps you to remember that Jesus could come at any time?
- What practical difference does it make (or should it make) in your life when you remember that Jesus could come at any time?
- What are some examples of specific things you think Jesus wants you to do in response to what you read in Matthew 24:45?
- What are some examples of specific things you think Jesus wants you to not do in response to what you read in Matthew 24:48-49?
- What does Jesus want you to keep in mind based on Matthew 24:46-47? How often do you think about this? Has this thought made a difference in your life? Please explain.
- What does Jesus want you to keep in mind based on Matthew 24:50-51? How often do you think about this? Has this thought made a difference in your life? Please explain.
- Do you wish the rapture would come this week? Why or why not?
- Have you ever wished the rapture wouldn’t come right away? Why or why not?