Time Bomb (Level 3 Bully)
WHAT ARE LOVEBUSTERS?
Lovebusters are habits that destroy love.
Lovebusters are the people who have these habits.
I Corinthians 13:5 Love…is not provoked, is not easily angered.
Psalms 4:4a Be angry, and do not sin.
Ephesians 4:31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
Proverbs 29:22 An angry man stirs up strife, and a furious man abounds in transgression.
HOW TO OVERCOME
Psalms 4:4b Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah.
James 1:19 Be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger…
Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.
QUESTIONS FOR LIFE
1. What one word does the control freak need to remember?
2. What two words best describes the critic?
3. What one word does the critic need to remember?
4. Ps. 4:4a Be angry…What are some legitimate reasons to be angry? Can you share with your group a time when you were legitimately angry?
5. Ps. 4:4b …and do not sin Can you tell of a time when your anger went beyond legitimate to sinful?
6. What have you done personally that has helped you to not let anger become sinful?
7. Can you tell of a time when someone else’s anger toward you made Love Bank withdrawals? What’s your attitude toward that person today?
8. Read Proverbs 29:22 An angry man stirs up strife, and a furious man abounds in transgression.
Have you seen this verse actually “play out” in your marriage, at work, or among family? What did it look like? Did it end well?
9. Ps. 4:4 Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah.
Russ suggested that the solution to anger is to relax. He fleshed it out this way...
Keep calm, Let adrenaline subside, Think rationally, Walk away
Do you agree or disagree that this solution is realistic? What could be added that would be helpful?
10. Is your Love Bank still in the red toward a person who showed anger to you?
11. What would need to happen to change that? Please explain.