Why God reveals secrets
Daniel 2:26 The king said to Daniel, “Are you able to make known to me the dream which I have seen, and its interpretation?”
27 Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, “The secret which the king has demanded, the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, and the soothsayers cannot declare to the king.
28 But there is a God in heaven who reveals secrets, and He has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will be in the latter days. 29 He who reveals secrets has made known to you what will be.
30 But as for me, this secret has not been revealed to me because I have more wisdom than anyone living…and that you may know the thoughts of your heart.
47 The king answered Daniel, and said, “Truly your God is the God of gods, the Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, since you could reveal this secret.”
Micah 5:2 “Bethlehem…out of you shall come…the One to be Ruler in Israel.”
Hosea 11:1 “Out of Egypt I called My son.”
Zechariah 9:9 Behold, your King…riding on a donkey.
Isaiah 53:5 …His scourging…
Psalm 22:16 “They pierced My hands and My feet.”
Isaiah 53:12 He was numbered with the transgressors.
Psalm 22:18 “For My clothing they cast lots.”
Psalm 34:20 He guards all his bones; Not one of them is broken.
Isaiah 53:9 They made His grave with the rich at His death.
Daniel 9:26 Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; and the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
Ezekiel 37:12 Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, O My people, I will…bring you into the land of Israel.”
Luke 21:24 “Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.”
Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.
Revelation 22:7 “Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”
II Peter 1:19 We have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts;
Revelation 22:16 “I, Jesus…I am the Brightand Morning Star.”
QUESTIONS FOR LIFE
1. As you have learned how God has revealed prophetic secrets and then fulfilled those prophecies, how has this knowledge impacted your conviction that God exists?
2. How has this knowledge impacted your view of the integrity of the Bible?
3. How has this knowledge impacted your life?
4. What specific prophetic secrets have you learned about the future that have especially impacted your life? Please explain how these prophetic secrets have impacted your life.
5.Suppose you are talking with someone who has a hard time believing that God exists. How could you help (or have you helped) this person based on what we have considered today?
6. Suppose you are talking with someone who has a hard time believing that the Bible can be trusted as the word of God. How could you help (or have you helped) this person based on what we have considered today?
7.Suppose you are talking with someone who is discouraged about life. How could you help this person based on what we have considered today?